One of the major things a Christian especially in this end time should engage his/her self, is the word of God. A lot of people mindset has been corrupted because some people tend to bring out revelation that will water down our passion for God. If you read the whole of psalm 119, you will see the efficacy and potency of God’s word in our lives as Christians anywhere the word of God is scarce, there is always crisis.
The famine in which the bible talks about in Amos 8:11-12 is the famine of the word because of the ease of so many believers there is no life outside the light of God word; every hear felt prayer is birthed from the scripture; never be moved by any revelation from people. If only you can dig deep and stand firm, you can overcome that challenge.
Your nobility in the Christian faith tied to your study of God’s word. Col 3 vs 16 says let God word dwell richly in you Act 20 vs 32 commended us to the word of God, because of how it build our faith.
Your God realm in this world, is how much of God’s word you posses (John 10 vs 35)
15 Benefits of God’s word
- It keeps you from sin – (psalm 119 vs 9, 11)
- It is the only tool for attack – (Ephesians 6 vs 17)
- It comfort you in times of trouble – (psalm 19 vs 49-56)
- It gives understanding – (psalm 119 vs 105)
- It gives direction – (psalm 119 vs 105)
- It helps your mind – (psalm 119 vs 113)
- It brings deliverance – (psalm 119 vs 120)
- It keeps you from temptation – (psalm 119 vs 115)
- It reveals Christ – (John 5 vs 39)
- It establishes your God realm – (John 10 vs 35)
- It is the only truth on earth – (John 17 vs 17)
- It is the only tool against Satan – (Matt 4)
- It enables faith – (Roman 10 vs 17)
- It edifies the church – (2 Tim 3 vs 15 – 17)
- It helps you in time of affliction – (Psalm 119 vs 67, vs 92, vs 107)