One of the things that end time believers must understand is the potency and the power of prayer, the problem of end time believers is that they are prayer-less thereby making way for the devil to oppress them and subdue them. No wonder we see Christians going through affliction like never before. You must understand that prayerlessness is a sin (1 Samuel 12 vs 23) the bible also recommend that we should pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonia 5 vs 17) and Jesus also said that men ought to pray and not to faint (Luke 18 vs 1).
Am going to share briefly on the 6 steps to an effective prayer life for you to understand better:
- BE RIGHTEOUS: (Isaiah 51 vs 1-2, proverb 15 vs 29, john 9 vs 31, psalm 66 vs 18). Righteousness is the foremost basic foundation for an effective prayer. sometimes i wonder why sinners still pray to not not knowing they are just wearing themselves off. No sinner has the capacity of an effective prayer life if he/she isn’t born again, the scripture made it clear that its our sin that separate us from God making things difficult in the time of letting our request to be known.
- FAITH: (1 timothy 2 vs 8, James 1 vs 5-3) Faith is another basic foundation to the beginning of an effective prayer when you are born again your proof of salvation is faith(Romans 1 vs 18). you must begin to see God as the supreme master before you go on your knees have a picture that your prayer has been answered already faith is not just confession but evidence begin to live with a consciousness of a fulfilled life even if you are still yet to reach your destination.
- SOUL MUST THIRST: (psalm 63 vs 1, psalm 77 vs 2). For a prayer to become effective you must have passion for it otherwise you just end up not praying at all. Try developing an habit of prayer you must be hungry for it to keep consistency at all cost. Do not just come into the presence of God just like that, develop passion for it to be able to pray without ceasing.
- IN THE SPIRIT: (Ephesians 6 vs 18, Romans 8 vs 26) The spirit actually controls the physical. praying in the flesh profit nothing, you just end up in a state of repetition. Try to be still for sometimes, then worship. it moves you to the realm of the spirit very quick fast. Try speaking in tongues because that’s your prayer language. when you pray in your understandings that’s what you know and wish for. but when you pray in tongues the holy spirit is actually helping you to intercede and the mind of God towards you is established.
- ACCORDING TO THE WILL OF GOD: (1 john 5 vs 14). The will of God is the word of God. You must apply the scripture when making supplications the word of God should be in the heart of believers otherwise they are going to fall into the perils of life. the will of God for a perfect marriage is in the word of God, the will of God for financial breakthrough is in the word of God because his word is not going to return to him void but will accomplish what it ought to (Isaiah 55 vs 11).
- IN THE NAME OF JESUS: (john 14 vs 14, psalm 124 vs 8) Every prayer must be done in the name of Jesus because we are asking through his name psalm 124 made it clear that “our help is in the name of the lord” so the name of Jesus is that enforcing force that open access to the help we seek.